3GT’s September calendar is absolutely packed with fabulous theater events by and featuring 3GT Resident Playwrights, Board members and friends. Right now your intrepid Artistic Director is blissfully (and gratefully) enjoying my annual writer’s retreat on the east coast. But I’ll be checking out as many of these amazing shows as I can and hope to see you all at one or more of them. Happy Fall!
- Now through September 6: This weekend is your last chance to see 3GT Board Member and actor Louis Parnell ‘s star turn in SF Playhouse’s production of INTO THE WOODS. If you haven’t seen it yet, don’t miss! Tickets and info here.
- September 6: 3GT Advisor Linda Ayres-Frederick and charter 3GT Club member Nancy Cooper-Frank present ASSORTED DOMESTIC EMERGENCIES, two one-act plays at the San Francisco Fringe Festival. Also at the Fringe: charter 3GT Club member Kurt Bodden and his partner Allison Daniel perform AN AWKWARD SENSATION. The SF Fringe runs at the Exit Theatre in downtown San Francisco through September 20. Tickets and info here.
- September 9: Opening night for 3GT Advisor Lauren Gunderson‘s play BAUER at NYC’s 59E59 Theatres in a production by SF Playhouse, directed by 3GT Club member Bill English (and featuring our friends Susi Damilano and Stacy Ross). If you’ll be in New York between now and October 12, buy your tickets here.
- September 13: 3GT Resident Playwright Patricia Milton’s world premiere short play [As Yet Unnamed] will debut at the Playwrights Center of San Francisco’s 24-Hour-Playfest. Tickets go on sale September 7.
- September 20: Opening night of the world premiere of LOW HANGING FRUIT by 3GT Resident Playwright Robin Bradford at LA’s Zephyr Theatre in production directed by Lee Sankowich. We’re so proud of Robin and her wonderful play, which San Francisco audiences got a sneak peek at during the July New Works Festival. The production begins previews on September 11 and runs through October 26. Spread the word to all your friends in Los Angeles . . and if you can do the quick trip down there yourself, make sure to see the show! 3GT members and friends can enter the code TP55 for a 55% ticket discount to any performance. Plus: 3GT is planning a night at the show on October 25, so if you can make it let us know and we’ll get you details on the festivities. Buy your tickets here
- September 28: 3GT Resident Playwright Margery Kreitman presents the second performance in our LezWrites! project, which had its fabulously successful debut at the July New Works Festival. This month’s performance will be downtown at the Phoenix Theatre. Tickets go on sale September 9.
- September 28: 3GT Resident Playwright Suze Allen joins Dr. Carol Langois to present the final installment in this year’s Girl Talk Teen Monologue Series (for girls 14 and over), a collection of real stories about teens, for teens. Sign up with your teenager here.
- September 30: Opening night of the world premiere of RANSOM, TEXAS by 3GT Advisor William Bivins at Tides Theatre in a production by our good friends Virago Theatre Company, directed by 3GT Club member Laura Lundy-Paine. The production begins previews on September 26 and runs through October 18 (with an LA run planned for 2015). Buy your tickets here.