3Girls Theatre proudly presents an all-new revival for the 21st Century
EXTENDED BY POPULAR DEMAND THROUGH APRIL 7!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Friday and Saturday April 5-6 at 8 pm, Sunday April 7 at 2 pm
It’s the battle of Ego and Eros! On one tumultuous day, Carl Jung faces the possible loss of his mentor Sigmund Freud, his long-suffering wife Emma and his distraught mistress Toni. While the two fathers of psychoanalysis struggle for dominance, the two women work out their own surprising solution. We’re talking love, sex and infidelity that’s as fresh and funny today as it was when this provocative play first premiered at the Magic in 1985. The critics are raving about 3GT’s all-new production:
- “3Girls Theatre’s welcome revival features a stellar cast . . funny and intriguing. . . high-end production values. Kaufman’s triumphant, feminist ending is both hilarious and deeply satisfying.” SF Examiner
- “a perfect jewel of a play. . . .unfolds with clarity and humorous twists, authentic costuming, and tight performances by a talented ensemble” Marin Scope
- “an excellent reprise. . .[acted] with aplomb and believability” Berkeley Daily Planet
- “delightfully humorous and irreverent” San Mateo Daily Journal
- “hilariously witty writing . . . deliverance by a quintet of stellar performers never disappoints” Art and Entertain Me
LYNNE KAUFMAN’S THE COUCH. directed by AMY GLAZER. Starring MAGGIE MASON, LOUIS PARNELL*, PETER RUOCCO*, and COURTNEY WALSH and introducing HATTIE ROSE ALLEN BELLINO.
3GT Associate Playwright LYNNE KAUFMAN is the author of twenty full length plays, three novels and dozens of short stories. Four of Lynne’s plays premiered at The Magic Theatre including The Couch and Speaking in Tongues, which won a Kennedy Center/NEA/ Fund for New American Plays Award. Her play Shooting Simone was produced at The Humana Festival at Actors Theatre of Louisville. Her play Our Lady of the Desert won Theatreworks’ “Best New Play in California Award.” Her play Daisy in the Dreamtime was produced at The Fountain Theatre in L.A., The Abingdon Theatre in N.Y.C. and the Echo Theatre in Dallas. It won an Audrey Skirball-Kennis Play Development Award and was published as one of the Best Plays by Women Playwrights by Smith and Krause. She was the recipient of the Award for Best New Voice in the Theatre from the William Inge Theatre Festival. Her most recent production Acid Test: The many incarnations of Ram Dass, premiered at The Marsh Berkeley in October 2012 to rave reviews. After being extended twice, Acid Test transfers to The Marsh San Francisco in April, 2013.
* Member, Actors Equity Association. THE COUCH is an Equity Approved production under the Bay Area Project Policy.